www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

False Start -- Pending Further Developments

Well,it looks like the New Black Kittie decided outside is better, at least for the moment.

She spent the night in the utility room and did fine.  She ate most of the food I left her, used the litter box like a champ, and drank all but a couple swallows in the water bowl.  She went outside with me in the morning to help feed the birds and put out fresh water for the critters, but came right in when I called her.


But in the evening when I put out the outside cat food, her buddy was out there waiting.  They sniffed noses, and then they both dashed off around the corner of the house.


The buddy is a pretty gray tabby, with a white nose and mostly white legs.  She(?) won't let me closer than about three feet, although she seems to be getting braver.  Not sure if they are litter mates, mother and daughter, or just friends, but they are together a lot.


I guess I'll just have to keep working on the buddy, maybe I can get them both inside someday.

5 comments:

curator said...

Give it time! It took me a whole autumn to get Veronica inside! Best of luck.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Good luck. She knows that inside is a good place so maybe she'll come back.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Well datz a good start... the mom haz all us kittiez inside, even the shy ones... took long time fur us to likes it doh.

Purr fur your fambly and alla critterz.

About the biopsy, The Mom will have her surgery consult this Monday, the 9th of January

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Buddies are important! And maybe she'll tell her buddy all about the Magic Room where there's lots of fuds and water and warm for everycat!

~Jack

Admiral Hestorb said...

Thank you so much for coming to see me during the loss of my baby, Admiral and I want you to know that was deeply appreciated. I have rarely hurt so deeply as I have for her loss.

xox

Mom Carole