www.flickr.com

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Little Momma's kittens

Hi.  Didn't mean to take as long as I did to follow up with Little Momma and her kittens.  Sometimes life just kind of gets in the way of itself.

Little Momma had two kittens, an orange boy I started calling B.O.B (Big Orange Boy, Bobby for short), and a spotted brown tabby who wound up with the name Little Dots, mostly because I couldn't come up with anything else I liked.

They were about the same size/age as Billy White Shoes, and it took them all about ten minutes to decide playing together was FUN.  Every morning, when I would put out fresh water and food, the two kittens would be hanging out by the back door: "Can Billy come out and play?"  They would spend the day running around, playing together until evening, when Billy would come back inside for the night.  The other two would start toward the door, but wouldn't come inside.  Bobby would let me touch him, a little, but Little Dots never would let me get close.

Eventually, Little Momma decided they were old enough to be on their own, so she started chasing them away.  They stayed in the yard, hanging out with Billy, and eventually Bobby decided to 'sneak' (he thought) into the house.  I didn't eat him, so Little Dots moved into the house, too, though she never was a comfortable inside as Bobby.

Little Dots would never spend more than a day or two in the house, before wanting back outside.  It got to the point where Dots would come in at night, spend the night cuddling with me, and want back outside in the morning.  The  she'd disappear for a couple days.  One time, she just never came back.  I suspect she had someone else caring for her, since she was never that hungry when she did come back.  I hope she just moved in with them, someplace where she could be the only kittie.

Bobby is still here, and is still playing with Billy White Shoes and Grace O'Malley when the mood strikes him.




Early photos of Bobby, when he was first moving into the house.



Some of the few photos of Little Dots I have.




16 comments:

Mandu said...

Hi, guys!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Stay cool.
Mandu

Marg said...

WE also thank you for visiting our Blog and the good wishes for Smoke. We have had kitties disappear and it isn't any fun. But BOB sure is cute and we are glad her stuck around.

Random Felines said...

glad Bob is safe. and we hope Dots found a family of her own....

Mickey's Musings said...

Those are cute kitties :) We purr Dots has found a good place.
Bobby looks like he found a safe place too ;) heehee
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger,JJ and Julie

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Bob is quite handsome.. is he around full time or will he be looking for a new home in the future?

Crafting Queen said...

How lovely, great photos. Can mint and cat nip are the same thing. Have a great day.

Hilary said...

I hope little dots found a wonderful home - she reminds me a lot of Lucy

Unknown said...

Bobby looks a little sweetie in these photos. Glad little Momma is doing well.

Unknown said...

Sorry, meant to say the kittens, but hope little Momma is OK, wherever she has gone to.

Dma said...

dots is really cool lookin...

Happy Cat Family said...

Awww look at those cuties! I hate to ask, but I have to.... Were they spayed/neutered? Hope so....

Annie Bear said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and the birthday wishes! Bobby sure is cute and I hope Dots is OK.

Happy Cat Family said...

Thank you for stopping by and letting us know about the kittens!! We are really glad to hear! Hope you can get to the others soon - xoxo

Colehaus Cats said...

Fabulous pictures! Love little Dots! Purrs...

Unknown said...

I always said to my husband that the best part of being a cat is when they are little kittens and they reach their puberty! All sort of play and surprised activity they shared with us when they are out stating to explore. I hope little Dots found a nice home to look after her/him. So does my white never comeback already 6 months.

Meow and woof all the way from Phnom penh cambodia.

Anonymous said...

Kittens! Rascal loves kittens. He'd come and play with yours too. The people recently got 2 of them from the lady's mom's backyard - a gift from a feral she feeds and has been trying to catch. The rest of us are trying to ignore them, but Rascal thinks they're the best thing that ever happened.

Grr: About your question - I'm laying on my stuffed shark pillow pet. It's light gray. You can see it even better in the previous post. All that fluff's mine, but sometimes it looks more gray in the sun. Cocoa's fluff is really more brown and Midnight sheds most of hers in the summer.